Saturday, April 25, 2009

Bohdan Taras Kondratiuk


Recently, I traveled to Yevchenko Veterans' Sanatorium in Odessa, Ukraine. While I was there, I sat down with a man named Bohdan Taras Kondratiuk. Kondratiuk was a Russian soldier who participated in the Zombie War. Where he comes in in the war is that he was supposed to secure these people to get across Patona Bridge in order to escape the zombies. The government had promised to bring them supplies to help them across the bridge. He told me they did not bring them anything. This meant that he and the soldiers he was with had to check everyone crossing the bridge to see if they had been bitten. This did not go so well. All of the sudden, out-of-nowhere, "Rooks" show up and gas up the bridge. Quickly, he and his men get in their tank to escape the gas. After the planes go by, he notices everyone is dead. Very shortly after they are gassed, some of the dead begin to reanimate. The gunner in the tank is told to take them out and he does. After all of the zombies were dead, he told his fellow soldiers in tanks to head southwest. He asked me if I had been to the Great Patriotic War Museum Complex in Kiev and then described what it was like there. My talk with Kondratiuk was interesting and I wish I could have found out more about him.

No comments: